Richard's priorities, if elected, include:
- Freeze property taxes for fixed-income seniors
- Addressing the housing crunch by allowing secondary suites
- Re-addressing of "traffic calming" measures
- More money for the Calgary Police Service
- A formal, publicly accessible record of how every council member votes on every issue put before City Council (how, in a city like Calgary, has this NOT been the case for so long?!?)
The Evans campaign can be found on-line here.
Bob Hawkesworth is runing for his third term as Alderman for this Ward. He previously served as Alderman for Ward 3, and also represented the provincial riding of Calgary Mountain View as an NDP member of the legislature - for 2 terms! See, Nation? Calgary HAS INDEED elected "Dippers" in the past - it's not just a nasty rumour. :) Bob's big issues are environmental concerns, and poverty.
Interestingly, Bob's website spends a lot of time talking about what he HAS done, but little talking about what he INTENDS to do. Accidental, or a sign of a lack of purpose? Time will tell what the voters think.
You can see for yourself here.
Alex Peterson is a student at SAIT who, admirably, is running because in the last election, nobody WOULD run against Hawkesworth, who won by acclamation. Peterson is particularly concerned with crime in the area.