Nation, it's been awhile. I've been pretty busy - it turns out that running for a nomination is every bit as exhausting as I'd imagined. And then multiplied by 10 times. We've got a lot to talk about - and we will. But not today.
I posted the below message on Facebook. If you're in Calgary, I'd encourage you to take note of it as you plan your evening tonight. This isn't about politics. It's not about judgement. It's certainly not about teetotaling (I'm a scotch enthusiast - no scotch lover will EVER judge you for drinking, unless what you're drinking is bad scotch). It's about not driving after you've been drinking. It's about saving lives. Please plan ahead - we've got a big year coming up. :)
- JoeyO (original message appears below)
It’s New Year’s Eve – a great night to bid adieu to 2011, and welcome 2012!
If your celebration is going to involve alcohol, I implore you to NOT DRIVE tonight. Stay the night where you’re at. Take Calgary Transit (it’s free tonight). Arrange for someone in your group to be the designated driver. Or make arrangements through one of the local businesses below.
2012 is going to be a great year. Wake up on January 1st with a clear conscience, in your own bed rather than a jail cell, with your car and your life in one piece. Make the responsible choice.
Designated Driver services (you and your car get home safely)
• Drivers Choice Designated Drivers 403-216-2630
• Keys Please 403-255-4800
Taxi service (you get home safely, pick up your car tomorrow)
• Advance Cab 403-777-1111
• Alberta South Co-Op Taxi Line Ltd. 403-531-8294
• Associated Cabs Ltd 403-299-1111
• Black Top Taxi Company 403-735-3222
• Canadian Cab Co 403-777-1110
• Delta Cab Ltd 403-278-9999
• Checker-Yellow Cabs Ltd. 403-299-9999
• Mayfair Taxi Ltd. 403-255-6555
• Prestige Limousine Service 403-275-4163